Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rice Pudding

My Mom was the best at making rice pudding and my brother Calvin also makes it very well. I have the recipe for the ingredients but never knew the order and the method to making it. It's one of those things I put off learning because it seemed too complicated. I found this recipe so I thought I would try it. It's sooooooooooo yummy. The only sad part being that I haven't had any raisins around to add to it. I love raisins in rice pudding and oatmeal cookies. If you have been afraid to try Rice pudding this is a "If I can do it, you can do it" lesson.

Rice Pudding
From Escape Artist blog

1 ½ cups of cooked rice
2 cups milk
1/3 cup sugar
¼ tsp. salt

1 egg beaten

1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp. vanilla
Cinnamon to taste ½ to 1 tsp.
Raisins (optional)

1. In medium saucepan combine rice, 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and salt; cook over medium heat until thick and foamy. (15-20 min) Stir frequently.
2. Stir in ½ cup more milk and the beaten egg. Cook 2 min. more, stirring constantly (CONSTANTLY).
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and as much cinnamon as you like and the raisins.

No comments: