Friday, September 26, 2008

My Approach to Cooking

Hi. I'm Anth. EK and I have been talking about starting this blog 4-ever. It was left up to EK to take the initiative because I can sometimes be quite lazy. I am super excited to have this little forum. Even though its only readers will be myself and EK.

I love cooking. It is about as creative as I get. I like taking basic foodstuffs and combining them into something delicious and satisfying. It makes me happy when people enjoy the food I make for them.* My contributions to this blog will reflect my current cooking interests: hearty soups and stews, crockpot dinners, breads, frugal cooking, and delicious desserts and treats.

As I get more confident in my cooking ability, I find myself experimenting more. I am getting more comfortable substituting ingredients or not following a recipe too closely if I just don't feel like it. I can also be a bit of a food snob. For instance, the taste of real Parmesan is five hundred times superior to that Kraft junk. I've phased Kraft Parmesan right out of my life. It's worth it to me to spend a little more for something that tastes a lot better.


*This is why, oddly enough, my father-in-law is very fun to cook for. He really enjoys his food.

No comments: